Monday, July 11, 2016

July 11, 2016 - Week 13

Hey everyone!

So my new area is Dayton Washington which includes 3 official cities and a bunch of farm houses around it. The cities are Dayton, Waitsburg, and Starbuck. The Bishop lives 1 hr away from Dayton. He lives past Starbuck on a fish Hatchery (crazy). The nearest useful store is a Walmart in Walla-Walla so 45 mins away. This area gets a ton of driving so at least I don't have to worry about the mission taking our car. We also get 1500 miles, my last area I got 800 so big difference.

My new companion is Elder Winuea. He is from Kiribati (which is also the name of his native tongue) it is an island near Figi. He is really awesome. He speaks english really well but sometimes you can't understand what he is saying. Either because he is pronouncing it wrong, he is mumbling, or he forgot the word. (he called Ice Cubes "blocks" the other day. "Elder Strong! Look at all the blocks I made in the Fridge!" He says that everyone on his Island always gets called to the Philippines, he is the only one to get called to the US. (he is still kinda mad, his brother is in the MTC to the Philippines right now) 
Some of his last companions kinda took advantage of him because he couldn't really fight back or do anything about it. So now I am going to show him how you should actually do missionary work and treat your companion. 

This area has been through some hard times. It has been closed down a few times because the missionaries weren't received well by the ward and they weren't accomplishing anything. I went through the area book and none of it has been updated since Dec last year. Elder Winuea didn't know how to use the area book very well because his trainer did everything for him since his training was really hard, then his next companion didn't use the Area book because he was lazy (or just forgot...I guess). I am going to work really hard to get this place baptizing converts and getting the ward excited for the work. It'll be fun!!!

Fun fact. This area is the best looking area in the whole mission! I am so lucky to be out here. Now all that I need is some more people to teach. (and I get free goats milk, so that's awesome)

When I got here we had a lady on date named Beth. She was going to be baptized this Saturday but somewhere along the way they forgot to mention to her that she had to go 2 weeks without coffee prior to baptism...So that sucks. But she will still be getting married this Saturday so she is still progressing! 

Well I am about out of things to talk about so I will leave with some pictures. Love you all!

Here are some pictures of the scenery round here, its awesome!

Elder Strong

I am not entirely sure what this is but, It is a river though so either Snake or Columbia, it was transfer day so we were on our way to Walla-Walla.


No comments:

Post a Comment