Monday, July 11, 2016

July 5, 2016 - Week 12

Hey Everyone!

So the news is in and I am getting transferred! I am getting sent to Dayton WA. It apparently is a huge farming area and will be a huge change from Richland. My Companion will be Elder (I can only say it, not spell it) Win-O-Way-a, I'll find out how to spell it when I meet him tomorrow. He is from the Martial Islands and English is his second Language. They used to call him a different name until he learned enough English to tell them it was his middle name. We are in the furthest east are and will be in an apartment all by our selves. In Richland we see other Missionaries everyday but out here we will only see them when we drive out (way out) to our District and Zone meetings. It will be pretty crazy but I am super excited! 
Elder Tobey will be staying in the area and getting a new missionary to train. It will be an awesome opportunity for him.

The 4th was awesome. We ate with the Arches, they are really cool. Sister Arche is a recent convert to the church so it was really good to have dinner with the. Then we had to come home from 6 o'clock and stay there all night. I had to pack the whole time but eventually we were able to go sit in the backyard and watch the Fireworks.

This week we also did a service project we were asked to help out with. The Sisters in the area have an investigator who lives on a blueberry farm. We help clear some weeds and he let us pick a ton of berries because they won't be harvesting this season. Pretty fun.

Pedro, Michelle, and Raziley have officially been handed off to other Elders whose area they moved into. It was sad to see them go but I know it was the best for them. I am also sure I will be at their baptism to so there is always that.

Not much else is going on but all the investigators are doing well. Especially Christian. He is really getting into the Lessons so I have high hopes for him. I'm sure he'll make it.
Love you all!

Elder Strong

Cooking with the Arches

Elder Clark enjoying the field 

No comments:

Post a Comment