Monday, June 6, 2016

June 6, 2016 - Week 8

Hi!

By the way. Elder Tobey is from Providence Utah and has been in the field for a year. He just got done being a Zone Leader so he was having a pretty weird/hard time getting used to just training. Plus we are in the part of my training where we are "learning" how to teach lessons I have already taught a thousand times. So its been pretty boring. We are getting a long together great though. We are a lot alike.

So this week was a pretty decent week.

 I survived having no money this week, my Captain Crunch supplies have been exhausted though, (it was a 2 1/2 pound bag! I had to share, rough times in the Apartment). I have been awakened to being able to shop smarter though so this week should go smoother. 

Wednesday we had a basically normal day until dinner. First we didn't know who was feeding us because the calendar lady would not answer her phone. So we ended up eating at the Mckinnons because Sister Mckinnon is awesome. Then after dinner we got in the car and it wouldn't get out of Park! The shifter would move but no gear change. So we called the vehicle coordinator but no answer from him either. So we just walked around and stopped by a house we talked to a while back. They are an RLDS family. (The RLDS church is now The Community of Christ) They said they used to love their church but now they are making all these changes against their will and they think their leader is an idiot. We talked to them for an hour, it was pretty awesome. They don't have any intention on becoming Mormons (yet) but they were very nice. We think the problem is that they are old and can't internet so they haven't seen the recent articles from their church denouncing Joseph Smith as a Prophet and calling the Book of Mormon not scripture, just an inspired work. Plus they don't know that the RLDS church branched off of us after polygamy had already began. We didn't do that after they left, they were a part of it too, and so was Joseph Smith who is also their Prophet.

(They also gave me a Book of Mormon calling it RLDS but it was an LDS published book and was the exact same as ours, they are just a confused old couple that needs guidance. They are more LDS than they know)

We'll help them come to these realizations soon enough.

After that lesson we returned to the car hoping it would have fixed itself since we were meant to go talk to them...NOPE.

So I called Ford to see if maybe it was a safety feature and there was a release but they couldn't help so I gave up and arranged a free towing for the morning since it only had 37 thousand miles on it and was under warranty. Plus the Church buys soo many they want to keep us happy. Elder Ririe (vehicle coordinator) was super blown away that i made it happen, he said he would have never thought of it and was happy I could sort everything out. Hes pretty new, he'll get there eventually. Now we drive a Corolla while the fusion is at the shop.(It is still there!!! The Tow Truck Guy showed me the problem. If I had the part, I could have done it with my Walmart Screw Driver.)

So Thursday we went on exchanges, I was with Elder Holiday in my area so it was pretty crazy. He's only been out for two weeks so it was pretty funny to be in charge all of the sudden. We met with Pedro and Z and put Z on date for baptism on the 25th! Super excited.

They are moving in July though so I probably won't be the missionary to get Pedro to baptism but I'm sure he will try to get me to come to it when it finally happens.

Not much else has been happening but it has been a really great week.  Oh and we did meet this lady who really wants to meet with us and her son for some reason. Hopefully she isn't anti and just wants to bash... but at least she is excited. We are pretty excited to if she is actually interested.

Well, I gotta go. Love you!

Elder Strong
Richland summed up
The Apartment 
Matching Ties

No comments:

Post a Comment